- Are ages 0-18.
- May come by him/herself or may come with 3 other siblings!
- Have been victims of abuse and/or neglect and often have experienced trauma.
- Have a variety of physical, mental health, emotional or behavioral needs.
- Need long-term, short-term and sometimes adoptive homes.
- May be coming to your home for their first placement or 15th placement.
- Are children who need a safe, caring home while their families address barriers to reunification.
- May come to your home with all of their belongings (including their pet fish) or with nothing at all.
- May leave from your home to go to their parents, relatives or sometimes emancipate.
- Are often behind in school due to their many moves, lack of parental support or truancy issues.
- Are from your neighborhood.
- May have no idea what it is like to go camping and make a s'more.